Monday, March 01, 2010

Portal Update

Spoiler Alert:

From HalfLife2.net

Portal has received an update, one line, check it out:

Changed radio transmission frequency to comply with federal and state spectrum management regulations

Load Portal. The first chapter. You'll notice the radio will have a red light on it now. Pick up the radio, go through the first portal and then stand on the button (still holding the radio). The light will go green, a new achievement will unlock and the music will change to morse code.

The audio files are in the GCF which can be unpacked with GCFSacape. They are named dinosaur1.wav to dinosaur26.wav.

The morse code from those sound files has been translated and this is what it spells:

Quote:
#1-Dinosaur 1
I-N-T-E-R-I-O-R
T-R-A-N-S-M-I-S-S-I-O-N
A-C-T-I-V-E
E-X-T-E-R-N-A-L
D-A-T-A
L-I-N-E
A-C-T-I-V-E
M-E-S-S-A-G-E
D-I-G-E-S-T
A-C-T-I-V-E

#2-Dinosaur 5
9-E-J-0-7-D-3-7-2-B-B-6-8-2-6-B-D-8-1-D-3-5-4-2-A-4-1-9-D-6
(Which sanitysama says is "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog")


#3-Dinosaur 12
S-Y-S-T-E-M
D-A-T-A
D-U-M-P
A-C-T-I-V-E
U-S-E-R
B-A-C-K-U-P
A-C-T-I-V-E
P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D
B-A-C-K-U-P
A-C-T-I-V-E

#4-Dinosaur 17
B-E-E-P
B-E-E-E-E-P
B-E-E-P
B-E-E-P

B-E-E-E-E-P
B-E-E-E-E-P
B-E-E-E-E-P


B-E-E-P
B-E-E-E-E-P
B-E-E-P
B-E-E-P

And if you turn all those Beeps into individual morse code it spells LOL.
The others are images as decoded in this thread on steampowered.

Completely unverified, but amusing if true.

No comments: